Reach a global audience: Upstream expands dual listing offer to Canadian issuers
Dual list on Upstream, the next-generation exchange and retail securities trading app
By Anastasia Samaras
Are you trying to reach a global audience? Do your European roadshows generate little buying? Retail investors outside the U.S. and Canada typically do not have the capability to purchase TSX, TSX.V, CSE, or NEO-listed securities without going through a cumbersome process. The concept of buying securities using just an app did not exist for them … until Upstream’s game-changing market!
Upstream, a MERJ Exchange market, offers dual listing capability to TSX, TSX.V, CSE or NEO, NASDAQ, NYSE, and over-the-counter (OTC) market issuers.
In light of the positive response from our prospective Canadian issuers, we’ve expanded our initial welcome offer for Canadian issuers listed on TSX, TSX.V, CSE, NEO, and over-the-counter (OTC) markets.
Canadian issuers are being offered a preferred dual listing rate that’s now valid until December 31, 2023. Reach a global, digital-first investor base and submit your listing application before December 31, 2023, book time on our issuer calendar by clicking HERE.
Why is Upstream inviting Canadian issuers to dual list?
The Canadian stock market has historically been a significant and stable market catering to larger, well-established companies as well as smaller, emerging companies. Canada has also been known to be more accepting and open to new technologies like smart-contract technology.
In June 2023, the Canadian House of Commons Parliamentary Standing Committee on Industry and Technology (INDU) published a comprehensive report recognizing blockchain as an emerging industry with significant economic opportunities and showcasing Canada’s potential to become a leader in this pursuit.
We recognize the importance of aligning values for sustainable growth and transparency. Upstream, equipped with smart-contract technology, features transparent order books, real-time quotes, trades, and settlements. Designed to eliminate market manipulations, Upstream presents a fresh environment for fostering fair and equitable trading. Given these attributes, it only makes sense for Upstream to extend an invitation to the Canadian market.
How is Upstream making it simple for Canadian issuers to reach a global audience?
As mentioned above, European roadshows that Canadian issuers pursue may generate little buying. One simple reason is how inconvenient it can be for international investors to create an account and access these securities.
On Upstream, we streamline this process for international investors. All they have to do is download an app, complete a light-touch KYC process, and fund their account using a variety of payment methods to begin depositing and buying company securities. All of this is done directly on the app, in minutes, significantly lowering the barrier to entry.
Additionally, listing on Upstream comes with over $75,000 of marketing value for issuers from our partners at no cost to issuers to further digital reach.
As a next-generation app, Upstream also has integrated shareholder engagement features to capture new interest. Issuers can take advantage of Upstream’s digital coupon strategy aiming to turn your shareholders into customers and customers into shareholders. These digital coupons (NFTs) can be claimed, traded amongst other Upstream users, or redeemed for issuers’ products, services, or experiences.
Issuers may also, with appropriate registration in the issuer’s jurisdiction, generate Spin Off subsidiaries as stand-alone, separately traded companies on Upstream.
Even with everything listed above, Upstream offers highly competitive listing prices (even without the preferred special rate).
Benefits for dual listing on Upstream
- No Short Selling — Upstream does not permit the short selling of our issuers’ securities.
- Accept Modern Payment Methods— Access a global digital-first investor base that can trade Canadian, U.S., and international equities using USDC digital currency, credit card, debit card, PayPal, or USD.
- Transfer Agent Integration — Upstream’s transfer agent deposit and legend-lift technology solve common deposit and custody problems issuers face.
- Web3 Shareholder Engagement — Turn shareholders into customers and customers into shareholders with Upstream’s digital coupon rewards program. Reward loyal shareholders’ support with digital coupons (NFTs) that can be claimed, traded amongst other Upstream users, or redeemed for issuers’ products, services, or experiences.
- Next. Gen trading app. — Upstream features simplified onboarding, user-friendly trading tools, real-time trading, and transparent orderbooks enforced by smart contract technology to make it both convenient and efficient for international traders to trade securities.
- Bankruptcy Protection — Upstream maintains certain insurances and bankruptcy protections for cash and securities held by Upstream Members. Details here.
- Streamlined On/Off Ramps. — Cryptocurrency holders enjoy a streamlined on/off-ramp to/from popular cryptocurrency exchange platforms like Coinbase. US Dollar holders enjoy a fiat on/off-ramp.
- Spinoff share distributions — Issuers, with appropriate registration in the issuer’s jurisdiction, can generate Spin Off subsidiaries as stand-alone, separately traded companies on Upstream.
- Full Sovereign Exchange. — Upstream is a MERJ Exchange market. MERJ is an affiliate of the World Federation of Exchanges. As a fully regulated overseas stock exchange, we are a peer to the OTC markets.
In today’s interconnected world, Canadian businesses are no longer confined by geographical boundaries. The rise of digital platforms has opened up a vast global market, offering immense potential for growth and expansion. However, as we know, accessing this global audience can be challenging, particularly for Canadian issuers seeking to reach international investors.
Upstream is poised to bridge this gap and empower Canadian issuers to connect with a wider audience. Streamlining onboarding processes for international traders, and eliminating the friction points that often hinder cross-border investments, Upstream opens doors to a world of untapped opportunities.
Create a competitive edge. Reach a global, digital-first investor base and submit your listing application before December 31, 2023, book time on our issuer calendar by clicking HERE.
U.S. persons may not deposit, buy, or sell securities on Upstream.
This communication shall not constitute an offer to sell securities or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities in any jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is not permitted. NFTs have no royalties, equity ownership, or dividends. NFTs are for utility, collection, redemption or display purposes only. Anyone may buy and sell NFTs on Upstream. All orders for sale are non-solicited by Upstream and a user’s decision to trade securities must be based on their own investment judgement.
This communication contains “forward-looking statements.” Such statements may be preceded by the words “intends,” “may,” “will,” “plans,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “predicts,” “estimates,” “aims,” “believes,” “hopes,” “potential,” or similar words. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, are based on certain assumptions, and are subject to various known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, and cannot be predicted or quantified, and, consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with (i) difficulties in obtaining financing on commercially reasonable terms; (ii) changes in the size and nature of our competition; (iii) loss of one or more key executives or brand ambassadors; and (iv) changes in legal or regulatory requirements in the markets in which we operate. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.